Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Nutella Popsicles + A Word on Patience




“Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them– every day begin the task anew.”  ~ Francis de Sales

This quote really hits home for me. It's important that if you have a goal in mind, that every day you take one step closer to achieving it. Don't look too far ahead or the task may seem too big. That makes it so much easier to give up. Instead, take it one day at a time. The days will pass whether you do it or not. It only takes 17 days to create a habit and before you know it, you will look back and say, look what I've accomplished! And if you fall one day, you get back up and do it all over the next day. It CAN be done!! It's a lot easier to be patient when you're working towards something, rather than waiting for it to happen.

Speaking of patience, have you ever sat around waiting for popsicles to freeze? That's practically what I did today. I couldn't wait to show you all the Nutella Popsicles I made. 

By the way, if you like the taste of Nutella, but find it too rich, you will LOVE these popsicles. If you are already an all-around Nutella lover, you shall remain one. 

I was inspired by this recipe, doubled it, and instead of using full fat milk, I used 1%. They came out deliciously amazing! Here's what you'll need:

 
A bowl, 2/3 cup of Nutella, 2 cups of milk, a popsicle mold and a blender.
You can use any milk you'd like. Coconut milk would be delicious, and soy milk would work just as well. Blend the two ingredients together and pour into the mold. The mold I purchased is by Norpro and I got it on Amazon(my home away from home).


Stick it in the freezer and wait....tick, tock, tick, tock. Try and find something productive to do. Don't spend all day wiggling the sticks to see if they're set yet! Not that I know anyone who would do such a thing(eh hem).

Once they're set you get this:



These looked so delicious, I had to take a bite before I took a picture. I'd pick these over store-bought fudgesicles any day!


1 comment: