Monday, May 6, 2013

Through His Eyes {Natural Eye Shadow Tutorial}

Psalm 139:13-16  NIV
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

It is so comforting to know that God knew every detail about us before we were born. He knew the count of every hair on our heads, the color of our eyes, the curves of our noses and the emotions of our hearts. It's important to know that God loves each of us and through His eyes, we are all beautiful.

As women, we're notorious for spending a lot of time putting on makeup, getting our hair done and shopping for the latest outfits. We love that stuff, but we are also the hardest on ourselves when it comes to our appearance. That's why, when you're having a bad hair day, or obsessing over the size of your thighs, you need to remember this:

This is the way God made you. You are beautiful in his eyes. Magazines and the television are not the definition of beauty. God's love for every detail of you is. That being said, it doesn't mean we shouldn't do things for ourselves that boost our self confidence.

Grace is turning 14 years old next week. She loves looking on Pinterest at the latest eye makeup tutorials and is always asking me to help her. Hank and I let her start wearing makeup last year, but we had limitations. She was only allowed to wear powder, mascara and lip gloss. Today, I decided it was ok for her to start wearing eye makeup, as long as it's appropriate for daytime. The below tutorial shows you an every day look that's perfect for school, work or a walk in the park.

Products: Wet 'N Wild Coloricon Trio in Walking on Eggshells, Covergirl Clump Crusher in 805 Black, and any eyeliner of your choice. Since Grace is blonde, we chose a deep brown.

1. Apply the browbone color(off white) from the Wet 'N Wild set under the brow bone and in the inner corners of the eyes.

2. Apply the eyelid color(pink brown) over the eyelids and into crease.

3. Apply the crease color(dark brown) on the outer corners of the eyelid and in the crease. Blend with a fluffy brush up towards brow bone.

4. Add brown eyeliner on the top eyelash line. With a skinny brush(eyeliner brush will work) line the lower lash line with the crease color. Do not line with eyeliner.

5. Apply mascara to the top lashes only to make them look big and gorgeous!

That's it! Enjoy your easy new look and remember that YOU are beautiful inside and out!






1 comment:

  1. That's a really cute eyeshadow look I might have to try that happy blogging

    ReplyDelete